Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard that you could take a sidekick third member and it would bolt right into my sami housing and it would also change the gearing so I can run the 32"'s I just got?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Heres the poop on that. It take two front diffs out of two trackers to make the front and rear. Its not a yank out and bolt in proccess. Generally they cost around 150$ per set and thats two sets needed for a complete front and rear. They have the option of 5.12's or 4.62's with a grs 1 makes a great crawl ratio for off roading. Max

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know its no quick thing but I heard that you could use sideick third members too. I'm just curious because I can get the side kick ones for almost free. And how do you tell the difference in the gears without taking them out and counting them?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it will bolt in the front no prob. but the rear axles are bigger than the front and wont slide in to the side gears of the tracker front. i put a tracker front pumkin in my zuk and it lasted about 6 months the i blew it to hell. broke the carrier,bent the thrid member where the bearing bolt to the case. i ended up swapping the gears in to the zuk thrird member. you can use the sidekick carrier to make your spacers[after you pull the gears,split it apart and chuck it up in a lath and use one half of the old ring gear surface mount for a spacer you just have part it off the old carrier. the ratios are 4.62 for autos and 5.12s for sticks later mike

88.5ht,two87s,88.5 spoa,33X12.50,5.12 f&r,rock cage,4.16 T case

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.