Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your folks opinions and experiences with re arching stock YJ springs. Also, what should I expect to pay?

1987 YJ Laredo
Rylan D.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Many places will charge an hourly based on what you want. One local spring shop charges $10 per leaf. I have re-arched stock YJ leaves with a buggy spring setup. I have an honest 13" of spring travel at the rear. Thats axle to bump stop. The tire travels about 24" of arc. The stock leaves are the strongest I have seen. The quality of steel is amazing compared to aftermarket. Keep in mind too much arch and you may have shackle kickback problems.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I heard talking to some spring shops in Madison, Wi, re-arching isn't a good idea in climates that vary like they do here. I guess the hot/cold variations must destroy the re-arch.

Nick Hagen
1995 Wrangler
33" Mud Tires and a four banger

·
Registered
445 Posts
FWIW, I priced rearching my springs here locally (New Orleans) and they wanted over $100 for each spring. But they said that they would use some new leaves and such. They did not recommend rearching without using some new metal. I opted not to do it since I can buy new OEM springs for less than this.

fratt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.