Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got around to posting my before and after sounds. I started with a mostly stock bike with only a Motion-Pro twister and a K&N filter with outerwear. I added the Yoshimura Competition pipe and silencer kit; this is the stainless steel & aluminum version. As you can hear from the sound files the bike sounds way better and much bassier with the Yoshimura, infact it sounds much better in person as much of the low-end frequencies were clipped off by my cheap microphone. I have not been able to thoroughly test it out yet. I've had it at Cleghorn near Lake Silvewood in So Cal which is mostly a wooded trail. Accordingly, I could not really get on it. Preliminarily, I can say though that 3rd gear did seem a little stronger. Note that I have *not* modified the airbox nor increased the jet sizes, so I wouldn't expect too much gain. Here's the link:

http://home.socal.rr.com/olzeek/raptor.html

Sorry, but theres no picx yet of the Yoshimura - someone still is borrowing the digital camera....

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
FINALLY SOMEONE WITH THE PIPE I WANT!!!! How silent is your the pipe anyway? u have the T.E.C. insert? how much u pay for yours? u buy it from a site?? damn i have a lot of questons, well if u answer these thanks

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
dude i would jet it before you rode it...you wont get near the potential out of it and youll risk engine damage

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its pretty loud, however, the Dirt Wheels article on Raptor pipes said it was one of the quietest. I payed $440 (i think) from moto-man and it came in the factory Yoshimura box. I don't have the insert, but i'm thinking about it.

I dont have much to compare it to considering this is my first bike in about 20 years. One small issue was that the springs would rattle against the pipes at certain rpms. I took them off. It is a nice looking pipe too - clean welds, nice stainless color on the pipes and a little lighter aluminum shimmer on the silencer.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
the springs will help it keep a good seel i would consider keeping them on

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.