Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished the install of the front half of my lift on my '95 p/u. I put in the rancho arms according to the instructions (more or less), but something strange happened. The spring rate (stiffness) of the front end has increased. For no apparent reason the front end is stiffer, I didn't turn up the torsion bars, or re-index them or even disconnect or adjust them during the installation. Is this normal? I can't see how it would be. If the bars needed to settle out it should have already happened as I had to drive 60 miles back to school from my friends garage. So, does anyone have any ideas?

- Tim
- [email protected]
- http://members.xoom.com/vtwheelers/

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Two thoughts: Changing the angles with the new arms will definitely change the rate (by how much, Carerra's catalog has the charts), also do you put new shocks on? Compression will change making it feel stiffer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just for your reference! I found that the Old Man Emu Shocks worked alot better than the Rancho's that came with that 3" kit? They were not as soft as the Rancho's and gave a much more solid ride?

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif"Go Solid or Go Home"/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, I didn't realize they made 9000's for the front IFS set-up? I remember those front shocks being tiny, do they have them available now? I know you can get them for the rear but the front too? Cool!
I can go home now I learned something new today!!!

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif"Go Solid or Go Home"/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts