Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a pro 5000 ramsey off of a friend awhile back and need to figure out the wiring on it. I thought i had it figured out last night but it didnt work. Any way it has two remote soleniods with one of the top post on each soleniod wired together. The feed side of the soleniods is also wired together. The motor has four wires going to it. The one on the end of the motor is ground. There are two wires going to the fields, and one more going to the brushes. So were to these wires go to the soleniods. I have tried to email ramsey about a dozen times and they never get back to me. Thanks.

Can someone please bring me a hammer my 33's just ate my fender again. Damn i need more lift.

G

·
Go to the service section, and call someone on there for a wiring schematic. I called Mepco Jeep and they e-mailed AND faxed me one within an hour. My REP8000 (worm drive) only had 3 posts on the motor, and one ground. I'm not by it right now, and since it only had 3 posts, it doesn't apply, but the gist of it was that you sent 12v+ to one post at the very front or very back, and the other two posts were linked together. Name the terminals 1, 2, 3.

Forward:
12v + to 1
2 and 3 linked together

Reverse:
12v+ to 3
1 and 2 linked together

And of course, there was always a ground hooked up...mine is hooked to one of the bolts that holds the motor in place.

When I wired mine, I wanted to keep the number and type of solenoids used down, so I did it a little different. I used 2 regular constant hold solenoids, solely to control the power going to the 1 and 3 terminals. Then, I ran 3 heavy gauge wires to a marine battery selector switch. The 'power out' pole on the switch is connected to terminal 2 on the winch. The battery 'A' input is connected to terminal 1 on the winch. Battery 'B' is connected to terminal 3 on the winch. If you want to winch in, for example, you turn the battery selector switch to battery 'B', and press the in button on the winch controller. Having the switch on 'B' links posts 3 and 2. Pressing the 'in' button on the winch controller energizes the solenoid that sends power to the 1 terminal. To power out, turn the switch to 'A', and press 'out', and the reverse happens. Not quite as convenient, but very, very simple, effective, and durable. I'm quite pleased with it.

One other note: my winch controller had a bad plug on it...I rewired it, using a 3 prong household plug (one prong is 12v+ going to controller, the other 2 prongs control the 12v+ coming from controller and going to solenoids. The advantages of this? Well, if I ever wanted to be a bit further away while winching, I can just plug an extension cord into the jeep, and get as far away as I want.

I Jeep, therefore I am.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will have to try one of the service places. I just hate to bother them if i am not buying something.

Thanks farmjeep.

Can someone please bring me a hammer my 33's just ate my fender again. Damn i need more lift.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.