Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ramsey pro9000 that i'm going to mount on my 78cj. What channel does it take? I have a 24 inch that doesn't really line up, and the 36inch off my wrangler is a little long (trimmin is always a possiblity) but nothing lines up. Does it mount to the frame or to the center plate between the frames? Thanks ken

G

·
I am doing the sam eexact install tomorrow on my cj-7 ramsey pro9000 . I am going to the steel yard and having them cut me a plate (1/4") to match the front frame cover...then I am mounting the winch to the plate via grade 8 bolts on the base mounts and then drilling and tapping the plate into the frame rails.

I can send digital pictures in a couple days.

~~TIM~~

CJ-7 10"lift

· Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I might have to do the same thing, but first i'm going to try to fabricate my wrangler mount, its quite a big wider than the frame so i think i can take some measurements and then torch the ends off.

G

·
I don't have the measurements on the Ramsey winch plate with me. I do know that the channel is bolted to the frame via brackets that bolt thru the side of the frame w/ 1/2" bolts. The front and rear of the channel actually bolts to brackets...hard to explain exactly what they look like. You can cut your YJ channel down just leave enough overhang that you can weld/bolt some 1/4 or larger angle iron (like maybe 5x3) to the side of the frame and to the channel. That center plate between the frame rails is not a strong enough mounting point IMHO. Maybe Ramsey's site has a pic of their factory bracket.

Shain

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.