Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if this is worth it? Saw it in the classifieds and will be going to look at it soon. It is actually $500 but comes with the bumper for an '88 and up chevy, which I figure I could get $100 for (or put it on my 1500!) .
What should I look for when I go to look at this thing. I don't own a winch and have only used one once or twice, what breaks on these things? Thanks,

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif Big Ed
'88 YJ, 4" susp,3" body,33's,283 Chevy V8,TH350,4.11's,D30,D35c

G

·
just a note that you can buy a brand new ramsey 8000lbs winch from national tire for 400 bucks this does not include the fair lead, nor shipping but it is brand new, my frien has purchased it, and it works great he has had it for about a year, it is a little slow but it always does the JOB!!! i do not have a winch :( YET and will not be able to have one for a while :( not on the top the list, but wheen i wheel with him he is a great tool, i was going to attemp a big mud hole that was almost possible, i almost made it out of the whole when my front pumpkin hit a tree that was down, and my jeep was not making it over it nor was a plowing it out of the way, so a had to back up, while backing was not enough i had to back up as much as i could and than i sank!! :( the 40s in mud up to the bottom of the door, that 8000lb winch pulled me out!! yeapeee ( i knew it was going to be pulling out even if i made it to the other side i would have need assistance to clear the tree, the winch was slow but it did the job and i could not complain!! needless to say no one made it through, not even with the same sized tires i had which had a better setup than i did i think, but i made it futher almost out!! but almost does not count!!!
just somthing to consider about the remsey 8000!!!!!!!!!! I know u are posting about a 10k winch

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I realize that 10,000lb is quite a bit for a jeep, I would actually like an 8K or 9K. I would also prefer a new one, $400 sounds like a good deal for a new 8K. Thanks for the input.

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif Big Ed
'88 YJ, 4" susp,3" body,33's,283 Chevy V8,TH350,4.11's,D30,D35c

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.