Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From seeing the positive response to the Grim-Reapers post and the support to the rally in DC, I'm not sure who brought it up but it snowballed from what I posted last night (Nov 2), I will voluntare to help organize this. I know that jeep131 said in his post that he would help. I would like anybody in any clubs to bring this up to their club so that we can get more support. I also like utahjeepers idea of 50 smaller rallies in all the state capitols. This would be easier for people to attend. I think that one day every year would be great. I still think that it would be good to make it to DC, but I know that is difficult for alot of west coast guys. As for the toothless idiot getting interviewed all we would need to do is to keep them away and let the president of the club speak for the group. Also I think it would be a bad thing to have alcohol and guns at aany of these rallies. Please email me, or post any good ideas. I will try to get in contact with the blue ribbon coalition and the united four wheel drive association, and tread lightly if everbody is interested.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The thing that started it all was a post by Grim-Reaper on Tellico. I then made a post saying "Grim-Reapers Post--READ IT", and
that's where all the discussion started. I love the idea, and I'm glad someone has the time, contacts and energy to run with it. Like
I said TIM, I'm going to bring this up at the next Rock Garden meeting on Tuesday, other clubs need to get it going to. But, yes,
we do need a center to get this organized thru, so thanks TIM.

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I posted this on the grim reaper string, but i'll repeat it here. I sent emails to the editor of offroad.com, WARN and Blue ribbon coalition (will send more, but that was all I had time for before classes). I recieved a responce from Norm Lenhart of Offroad.com expressing interest and he wants to be kept up to date. I haven't recieved a responce from the other two, but then I only sent the emails this morning. What we need is a club or organization that is willing to step up and start organizing this. If we don't centralize this it will never get organized. I'm not a part of any club as I haven't had the time to offroad, and my rigs been incapacitaded after an engine fire, but I'm willing to give what time I have.

My emails are [email protected] and [email protected], my ICQ is 23420908.
Contact me if interested. Lets get this rolling!

MudFlap 87 YJ POS!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also posted this on the grim reaper string, so it seems that the reaper is more popular, but I have been in contact with Four Wheeler, Tread Lightly, and the United four Wheel Drive association. Maybe it would be easier to only have on post to post this on. We probably should stay with the original. I'll keep you informed.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Try sending one to pyt.org, i don't know the email address but they are a large, active orginization in Wisconsin. I'm sure they'd be interested, gotta run, I have a Calc test in 13 minutes

Nick Hagen
1995 Wrangler
33" Mud Tires and a four banger

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey if there is anything that I can do to help I would be glad to do it. If you guys want a site, I can make and host one?? thats what I do to earn a living, lol... If you need examples just ask... I was thinking that mabey we could make a site just centered on this issue for now, but could expand it when other such threats arise? don't know what do you think? I don't know enough to do the subject matter myself...

Keep on fighting,
Peter Lombardi
'89 YJ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the offer!!! A web page would be great. Lets get some ideas for it flowing boys and girls. This could really help us get support from big organizations.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats what I was thinking, we would have a msg board as a definite, I was thinking like interviews w/ local politicians and such on the subject, how about a rumors board, but that might be bad, a place for updates on the rallies, sign ups for rallies ( different states, and the capitol one) we could have maps for the easiest and quickest ways to get to the state and US capitols, stuff like that, a place for the opinions of the big 4wheel companies, links to all the companies and organizations thats support us (might bring them business, could sell that point), stuff like that....

Peter Lombardi
'89 YJ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK. That's a good start. I like the signup for the rallies, but that rumor board might be bad. On the message board we could have a special land issue section to inform everybody of possible closers or better yet trail cleanups. Lets get the ideas flowing.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just thought about another thing for the website. How about a link to all the Congress men on capitol hill. Anybody else that has comments bring them on.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
great idea on the emails to senators/representatives! Do the same thing that the Sierra Club did for the land closure issue. They have a customizable form letter that people can modify then send to their senator, its really a great idea, too bad its the wrong side :p. The other really great idea is to have sponsors ect on the page of the companies who are willing to back us. I'm still waiting on word from WARN, but we could also get procomp, Rancho, superlift...who else?

MudFlap 87 YJ POS!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I mentioned this on the other post, but I think we need a name for the web site and so people will recognize us. Any suggestions.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif You want the name to be something that "proclaims" patriotism and public service so it will be tougher for the liberals to bum-kick it. EVERY TIME you show a Jeep or other 4 X 4 it has to be doing some kind of "GOOD"....like cleanup, or taking milk to stranded victims of a flood. So think about it in those terms...we could use names like "Jeeps For America", but it's too darn exclusive. We need a bigger tent for all the 4 X 4s. /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif REMEMBER....liberals hate you because they don't have a Jeep...are too chicken to buy one...and don't want YOU to have yours. SO....make the name such that "NORMAL" people will want to buy a 4 X 4 to "Join" you, not keep you from yours. AND...don't think this isn't going to be a vicious fight. Take a look at the human skull....the chief liar and attack dog for the scumbag in the white house....James Carvill. Take a good look. THAT'S the kind of people who will be against you and they WILL be lying. Now that lying is an accepted practice by the Democrat Party. (along with blow jobs in the oval office)/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

CJDave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good points. I'm still not sure of a name. When they start lying we will have proof to go against them. Also IF we get the support of the people then the liers will have to agree with us or they will not have a job. The more people we can get the better.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
As for the lying- we need to keep a close account of what is said- a very written account, and expose every lie they utter. What exactly ARE the terms for Treason? and how can wetrap them in a lie so as to get them fired? Pretty much everything that bounces off Clinton sends one of his cronies to Jail, how many more could we send? As for the webpage you might consider looking around at all the econazis sights for ideas to put to our own use. Make a file we can download, adapt, and print out and sign and send in to our own Senators, ect.... On your next trail clean-up see if you can't get a little media coverage from television, let them know there might be a little more cause for coverage soon at a capitol rally.... That all I can think of at Midnight on a Wednesday/Thursday so I'll end it there. Keep the ideas flowing

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Maybe this needs to be looked at on a larger scale. All motorized vehicles are threatened, and "Motorized" has less of a stereotype as does "4x4", "JEEP", or "Off-Road" do. Even though other motorized vehicle owners don't always support us, we shouldn't forget them (show we have more compassion). So an idea for a name would be something like this.
"Alliance of motorized vehicle owners for outdoor recreation"
I know that is long but for some reason people eat that kind of thing up.
Just some food for thought.
Dan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mark(Jeeper131) and I were talking about including snowmobiles and dirtbikes so that we can get more people an support. Interesting thought for the name. Keep up the good thinking.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What we need is for someone to make a smart very profesional email that everyone can copy and paste and send that email out to other 4wheelers across the country.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.