Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for the best deal on an aluminum 4 core radiator for my 88 wrangler.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Griffin makes very good radiators, so does the Ron Davis racing. I sure do like the cooling ability of my "Be Cool" Aluminum Wide Core, though. I have been running the Jeep in 100 degree weather, wide open on the highway, and bumper to bumper down town, with no problems(except the hydraulic clutch line melt down, due to a routing by the headers stroke of genius). The temp never goes above 190, and the aluminum heat disipation qualities, allows the engine to cool down quickly.
If you can get an aluminum, 4 core (or the new effecient wider core equivelant),with at least 1/2" tubes, and 14 fins per inch, you will have a radiator that can handle most any cooling requirements.
Be Cool is a bit too proud of their product though, and really overpriced.

Jeff
89 YJ
"I hope someone got a picture of that"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked at the BeCools when I first did my 5.0L swap and I agree, they're w-a-y too much money. I went with an all welded aluminum (no plastic/epoxy), dual core (1.4" cores), single pass, cross flow rad. from C&R Racing http://www.crracing.com, model # 8000-F. I paid $249 for it. From what I understand, most of the NASCAR racers use C&R. I had a chance to compare my C&R to a BeCool side by side, and the quality and workmanship of the C&R are every bit as good if not better, IMHO. The only "problems" with the C&R are that the unit is an inch wider than stock (26" wide), no accomodation for an auto tranny, and there are no mounting brackets. I fab'ed my own brackets, and since I have a one-piece front end and a manual tranny, the 1" extra width wasn't really an issue. I probably could've gone with the 28" unit with no problems. If I had it to do over again, I'd go with the 28" and fab a cradle for it rather than weld mounting brackets to the rad.. All in all I'm very happy with it, and the bragging rights I have when guys start drooling over it doesn't hurt either. /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

Dean

·
Registered
295 Posts
What Do you guys think about GODAN radiators? I have located a new 4 core radiator from them for $162 which includes shipping. Granted this is not a Aluminum radiator, but tradiational "heavy duty" as I am told for my 85 6 cylinder replacement. The GODAN stock number is 43-6010. Thanks for the input.
DuaneD

85 CJ8 Undergoing Frame-up Modifications w/258/T176/Dana300-Looking 4 oversize gas tank, & aluminum/chrome spoke wheels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.