Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know of a reasonably priced replacement or uupgraded radiator and where to find it?

'90 YJ 4" pro-comp susp. TFI upgrade. 258 "not all of them were bought up by yuppies."

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Carparts.com is the cheapest I found. The radiator is 130 w shipping included. You need to get a coupon out of one of the 4wd magazines
for 33% off up to 300. Hurry they expire march 31st! The radiator is made by modine. Mine was a 3 core heavy duty for my cj w a 304.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
funny you ask! i am just now calling on one to replace my assumed stock 2 row rad in 87yj. here in tucson after several calls i found that modine does not make a 3 row for this jeep. gdi makes a 3 row though. best price i found on the modine 2 row is $155. gdi 3 row is $185 and one guy said the 3 row by gdi is not that much better in cooling than the 2 row modine maybe 5% he says!
good luck
steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The latest factory replacements (made by Valeo)are 1 large row, with a high efficiency core, but they have plastic tanks and an aluminum core for a lighter weight. These are much more expensive to repair than the old brass type, but they cool well.
You may be able to have a high effficiency core put into your old radiator by your local radiator shop. Hope this helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.