Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just brought home a new aluminum radiator to replace the original in my '59 CJ-5 with a small block chevy. Whoever did the swap really tried to lo-buck it and left me a mess. The radiator fits nicely, but I'm not sure of the best way to mount it. It is a crossflow with mounts on the top and bottom. My jeep has the original crossmember, but it has been sectioned for clearance. I was thinking about drilling two mounting holes in the crossmember and using two "L" shaped brackets from the grill for the top mounts. Sound reasonable? What about (someday) when I go to a one piece frontend?

Thanks for the advice

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just make sure to isolate that radiator with some rubber bushings, otherwise the vibration and shock will start tearing it up. It really isn't too important what you mount it to, just as long as the mounting location isn't going to do a significant change under flex or vibration in relation to the fan.

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.