Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHos got thebest prices on Detroit lockers?

IM making an offer on a used one, and need to know exactly what they cost new, I know from 4wdhardware they are $550

someone said on here they were more like $450 at other places, I need to know WHERE they are $450!

OzarkJeep

too small to be seen, and too big to control, and treated like a walking bomb...

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
detroit for what?.. i paid 490 for a D60 35 spline detroit and 450 for a d44 detroit.. that was from WCD.. i found cheaper.. by about 10 bucks.. but they had the quickest shipping.. for free.. and i also had very good custumer support there.. so i paid alittle more.. but i got it within 3 days..

http://www.jeepgod.net

If you are allergic to lead, it is best to avoid a war zone

·
Official Historian
8,339 Posts
He's looking for one for a dana 44.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey thanks Patrick, and David!

and uhh, im a dumbass for not posting 30 spline Dana 44 with 4.56 gears

thanks for getting my back WILL.

I offered $350, but I feel like thats too much so I hope the guy doesnt take it, thats too clos eto NEW price for me to feel like its a bargain.

thanks guys!

OzarkJeep

too small to be seen, and too big to control, and treated like a walking bomb...

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didint see any detroits on Rustys? just lockrights, and ARB.

hmmm, ahh hell Ill weld it.

OzarkJeep

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Give them a call - They did not have Dana 60 ARB's listed either, so I just called...

As for welding it - I plan to weld my rear 60 -go for it! /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Also consider Drivetrain Direct

84 CJ7, 258, HEI, M/C 2100 carb, 5 inch lift, RS9000's, 33x12.5 BFG M/T's, 4.56's and Detroit softlocker, full cage & belts, Xenon flares, Dana 44 rear, GM dual diaphragm brake booster

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did weld the rear, ve got pics waiting to develop and Ill amend teh past post of my welded diff.

the front Im not so sure about though.

maybe a lockrite

I searched several places last night and never found any cheaper than $468

Ill call rustys

$410 damn! from rusty's

I need to retract that $350 offer asap.
I knew that was too much.

thanks DRM!

OzarkJeep

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I called drivetrain direct, they wanted $489, I said ow, the guy immediatly said well have you heard lower, and I said yeah $410 from Rustys, I hear key punching, he says thats less than his wholesale price.

he was very nice and apologetic.

needless to say I called rustys back and placed an order.

$426 shipped to my door, the largest single purchase Ive made for this Jeep project.

oh well, its only money!

DRM DRM he's our man, if he cant find the cheapest detroit then........

well you know.

thanks man!

OzarkJeep

1 - 11 of 11 Posts