Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, say i buy a jeep with a quadratrac, it will have a turbo 400 right? will a gm bellhousing bolt to this tranny, and then to a GM engine?? thanks a lot!!

Keith
89/91 cr 125
89 Yamaha SRV

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yes, it should have a TH400, but no, I don't think it will bolt right up to the GM. I believe the TH400's in Jeeps were different than the ones used in GM vehicles. But I could be wrong. You could call Advance Adapters, they will know for sure.
rich
77cj7304QtracTH400, 31"MudKings

fratt

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
yes it is a th 400, BUT no chevy engine will bolt to it.. it is amc only bolt pattern... and no other x-fer case other than the q-track will bolt to it... too bad... or everyone would have th 400's in their jeeps

~~Elusive~~
it's sort of still a cj thingy....

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif The best you can do is to take the tranny and "bench" it....transferring the guts to a GM TH400 housing. Our TH400 had a bad case, and we ALMOST went to a SB Chevy engine when we found out we had to get another tranny anyway, but our 304 was "fresh" so we looked for and found a Jeep TH400 housing, and transferred out tranny guts to that housing./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif transfer case team.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks a lot everyone! i did a bit of reading, and although the q-track seems to work well in snow, i think i will steer away from them because of chains, and a few other odds-and-ends i read about them. i really want a stick anyway /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

Keith
89/91 cr 125
89 Yamaha SRV

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took the quadratrack unit off my th400 and got an adaptor and rear output shaft from a wagoneer with a th 400 and dana 20 combo. The wagoneer had the dana 20 behind the th400 but cj only used a quadratrack with the th400. If you want to put any other transfer case behind the amc th 400 you have to have it rebuilt and have them put the regular short shaft rear shaft in it. Other than the bolt pattern it is the same bullit proof tranny. Also some of them used an actual chevy bolt patern tranny with an adaptor between the tranny and motor. Look at it to see if there is an adaptor plate between the housing and the motor. There is alot of MISinformation out there about this perticular combo!

Al
My web page

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.