Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently switched out my 74 springs for 76 springs. Changed all of the spring hangers, ect. We took all of the right measurements from three other 76 cj5s. When we finished everything looked perfect, drove perfect, except for one thing. My front shackles did not hang strait down. They are pushed forward to about a 45 degree angle. Is this going to be a problem? will this cause my springs to bend if I get to flexing too much?

G

·
Your shackles shouldn't be totally vertical. Also, do you have a winch on the front.

Brad
ORC Land Use Section Editor
Get involved or lose it all, the choice is yours!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, not yet. I didn't even think of that. That could further my problems if this even is a problem. I've seen other jeeps with the shackles forward a bit but not to the 45 angle mine is.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I have seen many jeep owners do this on purpose. it lets the spring droop more during articulation. if you like the ride height I wouldnt worry about it. it could be a good thing. other than looking kind of silly.

if it ain't broke, Try Harder/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif
http://www.geocities.com/xtreme_offroad/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.