Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i test drove a 94 YJ, very nice condition and ran great. the only prob is that it has 187,000 miles and under the hood i found a homemade something or other. the hose that runs from the top of the valve cover goes straight to a plastic container. also on the top of this container were two small holes in which steam was escaping. is it blowin oil or what? should i steer clear of this jeep? btw they are askin $4,900 but im sure it can be talked down.

·
Registered
109 Posts
if it is stock i would think with that many miles you should pass it up

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Sounds like the something or other is the old home made oil trap that some of the guys on here are making to trap blow by. To keep it out of the filter. Depends if you are going to up grade your Jeep after you get it. Could be a project or it could give you some good service.

GP'n

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
being only 17 and not having a ton of money, i think after i'd get it my only option would be a budget boost, some sort of 31 inch mud tire, and possobly sway bar discos.....for the time being=) so this is normal and isnt a major mechanical problem? also would it be worth it to spend extra $ to get a lower milage jeep? theres a real nice 91 with 102k in my town. thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i dont post much, but probobly will more often now so ill fill my stuff out=) i usually search the boards to read past posts to answer my questions. im in Delaware.

also interested in a XJ....decisions decisions=(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.