Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any luck with Quest Foot Pedals? I picked some up from Auto Zone in the "oooh, cool, I need some of these" section. They are skid proof aluminum with black inserts. I tried to mount them on my pedals but dind't look too sturdy. They mount with what looks to be like thin metal popsicle sticks that mount behind and over the existing pedals. After some use they look like they might go crooked, I might return them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have seen similar looking products in different colors and thought they looked cool. Don't know how sturdy they are though. A cheap alternative would be to use some self tapping hex screws and screw them into your pedals for better traction.

Cutch 88YJ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used to work for a parts store that carried something like that, and I really can't see that looking right in a CJ7. Of course that is
just my personal taste. They would be good though if someone who needed a little more height on the pedal to reach. I agree that
a couple of bolts would help keep the pedal covers from shifting. I am guessing that the original rubber pads are worn out, so I would
suggest that you call the dealer or Four Wheel Drive Hardware and buy some new ones. Off the top of my head the brake and clutch
were about $5-$10 a piece. For the gas pedal I had to buy a new assembly to get the pad. I think it was about $30 from the dealer.
In my experience though the gas pedal wears out the slowest.
Ethan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.