Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is the "short-wheelbase" board, but does anyone know the pros and cons of Quadradrive/track? I'm looking to buy a '99/'00 GCLimited 4x4 V8... and want to get it RIGHT the first time, especially for that kind of $$$.../wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

It will be my wifes... and when she's bored with it... I get.... Mods, here we come!

YJ94
I6, 3.5" Black Diamond, MORE, & more
[email protected]

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif We have a '97 with the Select-trac, and are thankful every day that we did not get the Quadra-Trac (no relation to the original QT in the J-10's and CJs) because they GIVE TROUBLE!! At the very least you get to buy the viscous coupling at about 90K miles. We opted for the straight, driver-selected type of case. I haven't kept up with the newest stuff, but the word on thw web is that the new Quadra-Drive has a problem DISCONNECTING. But that may be just a story. I would stay away from that automatic FWD crap, it's nothing but trouble, AND....I'll drive RIGHT BY you in deep snow or on slop with this Select-Trac manual system./wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

CJDave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We had a 96 limited that we put 120k trouble free miles on and it had a v-8 Quadratrak. But I have read that there having a lot of trouble with the 99s. I'd wait on a 2000 and maybe they will have some of the bugs worked out of its first year run. I also had a 249 t-case (full time)in my wrangler last winter and could drive by anyone on the hiway on snow and ice without any notice of slipping or sliding. BUT, if your looking for something to play with later and or modify you probably should stay with select-trak. Theres not much if any after market pieces for the 249 and they say its not a good t-case for off-road. My .02. Steve

Mopar360yj
87yj+20,74CHR.030360,SOA,35BFGATs,46RH,241DHD,
D60-44-4.10

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif IF IT IS STILL AVAILABLE........you absolutely, positively cannot go wrong with Select-Trac...just as the Wrangler driver says. /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

CJDave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.