Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just removed my underdrive pulleys this afternoon. I have noticed that my a/c is alittle slow getting cool, when i have it on and am at a light or stop sign, my volts go wayyyyy down, Now i have a 140amp alt. in it new battery, so I decided to see if this would work(It been suggested numerous times). Well the results are great. I have no problems now, In fact the gauge only moves a 1/16 of an inch with the lights, a/c and radio on.WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO! My next question, anybody want an underdrive pulley set? HEEHEE. real cheap. Now if I can get those Axle drops on, Finish the Ram Air, Get a good alignment, I probably wouldn't have no problems to complain about! We all now that's bull.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
That confirms my suspicions !

Underdrive pulleys belong on cars and trucks that don't have stereos, A/C, bigger lights, and generally real street/dirt needs. In other words race cars !

I'd always wondered if they were worth the sizable chunk of cash they cost and the answer seems to be NO!

Sixlitre

p.s./
My 86 loves it's 95 Mustang 130 amp alt. The needle doesn't move EVER, regardless of what's on. The voltmeter does, but never dips below 13, generally hovering between 14 and 14.75 volts.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, I wish I would of saved that $100 towards a new set of meats. OH well , Learned this one the hard way$$$.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts