Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Banshee owners,
I just gotta hold of a cool head setup for my Banshee. Thing is, they came with 20CC domes. My motor for the most part is stock. Just a boost bottle, K & N filter, FMF woods pipes, and it's .020 over. Do I have to go buy the 22CC, or can I just run a higher octane? Thanks for opinions, ideas, and free gifts%<)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you are willing to pay for that hi octane gas, go for it. Let us know how it works.

-cleartoy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if u have 20 cc domes why go bigger ??? if anything smaller more compression
I had 22 cc domes and stock bore now i put 19cc domes and bored .20 over i beleive that my copression with the 22's was about 130psi and now i have had to go up at least 10psi with the 19,s ... haven't tested it yet so im just guessing as it feels tighter to kick over

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I read somewhere on a forum that Kim Kuhulne (not sure if that how you spell his last name) who runs the GNCC series and was ranked 5th last year I believe, runs 16 or 17cc domes on his Pro Design cool head for his stock cranked banshee.

When I get my cool head in either Febuary or March I think I'm gonna go with the 19cc domes. For the motor mods I have LRD pipes and silencers, and Boyesen rad valves.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thanks everyone for the info....... Now what I need to know is what octane gas and can I use regular octane boost? So many questions, so little time!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts