Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my project tj-7 is going well.... i have the 97 tj frame prepped and i am ready to start welding...i will start next week on welding front solid shackles and finishing my dana 44 front(caster angles,gears, detroit)....at least i have all the parts.. due to cost, i cannot put the coil springs under it and i am going spring over...i kinda wish i hadn't used a 44 from a scout, ubt at least all my dana 30 stuff fits it(warn internal hubs etc)..anyone have any thoughts on how it will be mounting my fiberglass tub(yj) to the tj frame?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Just wondering, why are you using a TJ frame if your not using coils? It seems like putting leafs on a TJ chassis is going backwards. This isn't a bash...just a question./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Mike H.
1983 CJ-7 Laredo
1999 Dakota 4x4
/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gifo[[[[o

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no offence taken.. i was going to use the coils suspension, but there were a lot of factors that changed my mind..
1...cost.. a good tj lift is EXPENCIVE
2...i really love my springs that i have now.. they flex better than any i have seen
3...i don't think i was going to be able to get enough lift to clear my 35x16 boggers out of coils
4...i have a dana 44 frotn axle with a detroit and 4.56 gears, the rear is an amc 20/detroit.4.56 i would have had to grind off all the perches from the tj axles and weld them to my cj axles... and one of the track arm mounts is cast into the stock dana 30 from the tj..dynatrack said they'd do it and put beefier mounts on for $800...but then i would have to ship both axles back and forth across the country.
5...this is a fairly dedicated trail rig now....ride is not important
6...i can weld for free, and i spent all my dough on gears/lockers/winch/fiberglass tub/engine.etc etc etc etc

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
yes.. but your jeep is still pink.. lol.. just had to put this in there.. well i will be over shortly for the big game.. later peoples..

survival is instinct, but living takes guts

G

·
There are others out there changing over their coils on TJ's to leaf set-ups in front. Most are due to the nature of the handling on the road after lifting as well a some stability issues. Ken

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it isn't pink... it's pearl white....the pearl was SUPPOSED to be frost blue..
a little jint for everyone else... don't shoot frost blue over white... it turns ....light purple.....NOT PINK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts