Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's actually getting close to being ready for the 'glass tub to go on. I finished the traction bar today (due to SOA), added another bar of crossmember to mount front of t-bar, ground off the lower hanging stuff on the rear 44, and front 30 (this rebuild puts a front 44 to another day), air tank in with lines front to rear, rear shock hoop for cantilever set-up, motor/tranny/t-case all moved up 1.5", gas tank moved up 1.75", crossmember 1.5" more clearance than stock. Once the tub is on I can set the rear pinion angle and weld that up, lower shock mounts, front shock towers (Ford F-250), then fenders, then cage, then seats, then etc, etc.

My goal is to have it up and going by mid to late August, but don't want to rush it just to be done.

pbm

ROLLED The 74 CJ5, so I am now building a 78 CJ7

Support Search and Rescue.......Get Lost! /wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Looks great! Nothin' like a frame-off to really get a good job of it!/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

CJDave
A Jeep Skunkworks run by Moonguys/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif, buildin' the ultimate SNOJEEP!

G

·
Just think how your poor little CJ5 must feel. Just sitting there discarded, being used for parts. It almost brings a tear to the eye. Oh well, the frame looks really nice. Maybe the CJ5 should have thought about what it was doing before it rolled over an played dead on the trail./wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

Cage Up, Wheels Down
Jeepfiend
All my Jeeps are in pieces!

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
PB, that's prettier than a diamond in the rough, and the color coordination of the wiring and hoses is pure art in action.

Why in the world would a woman want Jewlery and Wardrobes when they could have something as beautifl as this?

It's beyound me?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts