Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who is wanting to sell his 4" springs to me for my CJ-8. I have no idea about these springs and do not know if they are junk or not. Let me know.

G

·
If you have enough weight on your rig then they're tolerable. They tend to ride stiff, and I've seen some that have sagged from 4" down to 2" within a year or so. Personally I'd look elsewhere for springs, how much is he wanting for them? Someone may be able to point you in another direction.

G

·
Very stiff, but if you have a lot of "stuff", winch, jerry can holder, etc. they may work for you. If you don't have a bunch of heavy
accessories you will absolutely hate them. I have ProComp 2.5" springs, OK for me with a winch, hi-lift and 33" spare.

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

G

·
I have a 4" Pro-Comp lift on my 94 yj. (4cyl, winch, goodies inside... 32's). I have been running them since the end of June. At first they were way stiff. NO flex at all. Then I discovered the guy that helped me install them had torqued the shackles and frame mounts to 100 ft-lbs. The shackles were binding, and couldn't flex. Now approx 3months later, I have had no sag, and the ride has improved quite a bit. It's still a little rough on the road, but not terrible. Off-road flex, is fair. I won't give final judgment until I've wheeled them hard for 6 to 9 more months. A buddy had the CJ ones and they were stiff for the first year. Then they softened up a lot.

FWIW-I can stuff any wheel all the way up to the body.....
FWIW- the cj spring packs are narrower and the leaves are thicker.... This tends to create a stiffer spring overall....

Good luck!

Matt

Never under-estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.