Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would a suspension lift make complications for my Xterra? What all will I have to get done to make sure my truck doesn't have any problems after the lift and bigger tires? How much would a 3 to 4in. supension lift cost(ballpark) with every thing that I need to make it work and to make it so my truck is not messed up?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You won't nessessarily have complications, but the rule to remember is that with every action there's a reaction if you get my meaning? What this means is that whatever you change in height, length, size etc, what else will those changes effect? Will the drive shafts need to be lengthed, different wheels, longer steering components, gears and so on and so on. Any modifications you do to a truck will have some problems down the road, unless you do the work and just stick the truck in a glass case and call it a coffee table! Some mod's improve the OEM characteristics, while other degrade them, it's just all apart of the 4x4 experience my friend.
Sorry don't mean to freak you out or discourage you but that's just the way it is! Like I said before Research it!!!

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif"Go Solid or Go Home"/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I will just find other things to mess with on my Xterra to tide me over until they start making lift kits for it. DANG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re:Xterra

I guess I will just find other things to mess with on my Xterra to tide me over until they start making lift kits for it. DANG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Xterra

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't be discouraged, just spend a little time investigating, and you might even be able to come up with somthing better that the Lift kit companies??? Then record what you did sell the idea and hey you rick????
Just an idea, sorry got carried away for a minute there!
Best of luck, keep pestering the manufacturers and keep your fingers crossed.

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif"Go Solid or Go Home"/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Xterra

Damn it boy! You had me up most of the night looking for pictures etc in the magazines to see what the Xterra front suspension looked like, and trying at the sane time to figure out some sort of custom solution. Like one of the other reply's stated, the rear-suspension would be easy and since your running leafs you could rip-out the sway bar and put in a pan-hard with a disconnect like alot of guy's do in there Jeeps for more travel. The front wish-bone on the other hand, well that's the problem. I imagine you could make-up some custom A-arms or maybe even do what some of the Trackers & Suzuki's do and go with just a spacer lift. Alot of them for a cheap lift will just put spacers ontop of the struts & between the mounts and then the same with the rear Shocks/Springs & mounts???
I don't know, but I'll see what else I can dig up for ya?

Chris J.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts