Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are different sized pulleys for gm steering pumps.The pully on my crank and the one on the pump are the same size (1:1) . I need to speed up my p/s pump by putting a smaller pully on it.It has a AGR pump and box ,but it doesnt seem like the pump is running fast enough at idle to turn the 35's without giving it fits. Any suggestions or particular year models with a smaller pulley.The one that is currently on the chevy 350 is of 76 vintage.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is possible that if there are different sizes within a given year, so giving that it is a 76 350 doesn't help a lot. Measure the diameter of the pulley you have and maybe others could compare what their pulley diameters are. I'll be glad to measure mine although it came out of a '79 Wagoneer. The nice thing is you may not be limited to sticking with a Chevy pulley since Saginaw pumps were used on lots of vehicles. Another place you might try is Summit racing. Lots of drag racers use different size pulleys to keep belts from being thrown at high RPM's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.