Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody.

I have a 94 Wrangler. I bought it without a hard top and it had the half doors. Since it is getting cold here in MA, I have recently bought a hardtop. I had the top painted and it looks great. I am looking for some upper windows for my half doors. I ordered a set from besttop, but they don't fit with the hardtop. I haven't been able to find a set of upper windows that will fit a 94 hardtop. Does anybody know if they make them. I guess my only other option is to look to buy some factory full steel doors. If anybody has either of these I will consider purchasing. The full door would need to be white or black. THANKS!

·
Official Curmudgeon
4,706 Posts
Try J.C. Whitney they sell the Steel Horse Targa Top fiberglass upper half doors w/sliding windows for
299.95 each side (expensive) grey or black matte finish. They also sell the Targa Top without doors for
use with factory doors so the Targa Doors should fit the factory top if I'm not assuming too much.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I replied to your doors wanted add I think...I would consider a trade of your soft top and doors for my set off full steel doors....I am looking for something for summertime anyway.

~TIM~

83 Cj-7
85 Cj-7
92 Wrangler
85 Suburban

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found that TJ upper half door windows fit the hardtop perfectly and they fit the YJ half doors with only slight modification. The difference is in the rearmost pin and where it is located in the half door. The TJ pin is spaced in towards the center of the Jeep about an inch more than the YJ pin is. If you are a good welder, it could be relocated outboard to match, but I found that by bendind the pin 45 degrees or so towards the center of the Jeep, the rear pin will lay on top of the door panel, (well to the rear of the seat back) and the window will still hold securely into the door. I use this setup on my Scrambler in the summertime and I havent had any problems yet. Hope this helps, good luck.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Try Quadratec, they have a few types in their catalog but they are not clear on weather they fit all hard tops. I bought a set 3 years ago to go with soft top lower doors and a Jeep hard top and it fits great. But the add said specifically that they would fit a Jeep top. Their # is 800-745-5337

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have a 83 CJ-7 with the hardtop, and I have a set of YJ half doors I plan on using with it someday, so I am in the same boat as you, would like some soft uppers that work with the hardtop. I called bestop once and they said they had a part number that would work, after I carefully explained what I needed. Now hearing your problem I'm not so sure they understood me. You might try calling their customer service and give it a shot though. I wouldn't mind hearing how all this comes out for you.
Good Luck
Greg
[email protected]

Greg
89 XJ, 83 CJ-7, 79 Blazer, 67 CJ-5

1 - 6 of 6 Posts