Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some may know, I installed a Rubicon Express SYE kit on my NP231. It leaks oil and I don't know why. The oil is coming from the seal that the cv output flange fits into. It isn't leaking from the new flange that bolts up to the case as I figured it could. Why would this seal be leaking oil? Did anybody else have this problem with this kit?

-Dorian
www.4Low.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I can't help you fix your problem but I can tell you that I have read that a lot of people who have installed the RE SYE kit have had this problem....I think that if you search this board you will find a whole thread on this subject

absolutjeep

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Absolutjeep is right, there is a thread on this subject. I posted to it saying that I have the RE kit, and had the same problem you do. I also said that I was relatively happy with it and how to fix the leak - by taking the flange off and using copious amounts of RTV on the splines. This fixed my leak until this weekend, when I took a trip down to Pismo Beach, and sho'nuff, she sprung a leak again, albeit a very small, slow one.

I have to say now, that if I were to do it again, I would get a different manufacturers, however, realizing that you already have the kit, just do what I said - take it off, clean everything up ral good, and reassemble using red loctite on the bolt that holds the flange on, and a goodly amount of RTV on the splines. This will plug the leak up pretty good.

Marc
Contagious Racing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.