Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few things were causing problems with my zuk. First off, the belt.. I was using a cheap old belt, (wasnt even for automotive) which i found in nmy back yard for my Gm 100 amp install, i intended to change it but never got around to it till this morning.
The belt was really loose and kept coming loose, and was too long by just a bit so it was hard to get it tight..
I replaced it with a real belt today and it makes all the difference.. A brand new, slightly shorter belt. I also repaced the alt tighting bolt with one that isnt stripped so i can accually tightten it properly.. I then put some locktite along with a lockwasher in there, so it wont move.
Somthing i discovered today after i came back from 4wheeling, i had barley any oil in my engine! That might have made the difference of it being very hot..
The dipstick barley showed the oil, just a tiny bit on the tip..
I also cleaned up the battery termanls, there always getting corroded for some reason.. this also made some difference.
I also got all my signal, tail lights and brake lights working properly..
My zuk sucks for street driving.. i wonder how it does on the highway, or should i be scared to know? /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif
I went wheeling with my friends, didnt take my zuk becuase i couldnt find a driver, maybe tomorrow i can go with somone.. it was pretty fun, we went out by Rennie, only it waas in whiteshell provincial park, somewhat near the MB/ON border.. if anyone is fimiallar with canada. 2 trucks- both got stuck bad.. blew a winch and an engine!

87 samurai, 33" mud tyres, rear locker, baby rock lobster, fast back bestop top, custom bumpers, gator guard 2 interior, expander shackles, rear springs up front, soon cj's in rear, lawn edging flares

G

·
Good here you that doing some quality maintenance on little
Sam. Did 140Amp GM upgrade alternator on me Sam about
4 weeks ago had go buy new 34" drive belt cost about $23
as old 33" was to small,that GM Alt works great.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.