Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I did it. After a couple weekends work, I got my coil conversion installed on my 94 YJ.. I am very pleased. The ride is far superior to my old Rough Country springs and it does out-flex them. Last night I ran it up on my RTI ramp(6 ft 4x12 on a steel sawhorse set at appros 21 deg) and ran out of ramp. This calcs to about a 780 RTI and wtill hadn't pulled a tire.

I know a SOA will out-flex this but the coils are a good compomise for my daily driver that also hits the rocks once a month or so.

I read an earlier post where a guy only ramped a 560 with this system. I wonder if he forgot to disconnect the swaybar. Just a thought.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sweet, soundsl ike it was worth the money. Did you run into any problems with the install?

Nick Hagen
1995 Wrangler
33" Mud Tires and a Chevy TBI 350

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had to move the rear upper coil mount back a little to clear the upper control arm, the 26.5" they tell you is just to far forward. I still haven't installed the swaybar, but I will this week as it gets a little "squirly" on the curves.

I also used a M.O.R.E. track bar as it has heim joints instead of bushings.

Installation took me about 20 hours actual labor but I didn't rush and I took the axles out of the Jeep to drill and assemble them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.