Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some do-it-yourself bedliner, dupli-color, and was wondering what i should use to clean the serfaces before i apply it. any good solvants? I'm putting it in the cab of my S-10 because it got all wet last weekend.
Thanks

Craig

'89 S-10 P/U 4.3L 31" Yoko M/Ts (For Sale!)/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif
'99 S-10 2.2L 2WD 5 Speed Stepside Totally Stock /wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

'88 Kawasaki Mojave (FOR SALE)/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·
When I put Durabek bedliner in my truck last year, I used Xylene to clean the interior really good. That worked really well. You should also scuff your paint a little with sandpaper (light grid) so the bedliner can bite into it.
Boss

The Boss now allows you to visit his site
http://www.boss.coloradok5.com

G

·
I think Duplicolor recommends acetone and that is what I used. Definitely take your time doing the prep work, scuff all of the surfaces and remove any loose paint. If you don't prep the surface properly you will be very disappointed in the results. Also, forget about that roller they give you, and use a paint brush. The roller just flung the bed liner all over the place when I tried it. I had the best luck spreading a coat of bedliner over a small area, then going back and using the end of the brush to add texture. Duplicolor is very thin compared to other bedliners, plan on using multiple coats. I guess you get what you pay for. I used it in my truck box first, didn't spend as much time prepping as I should have, and was disappointed with the results. I also used it on the cab floor, did a lot of prep, and it turned out a lot better. Time will tell how durable it is.

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
do a good rinse out with soap and water. when that dries, scuff the heck out of it. after that, do a thorough wipe down with acetone. heck, do several scuffs and wipe downs - that can only help. when the acetone dries off, then you're set to go. oh yeah, mask off before you scuff.

Shorts <-- It's not what you think /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif ...and don't ask what it is

'94 Chevy K1500, with stuff...needs more stuff

G

·
when i watched the line-x guys prep mine, they also blew compressed air to get little particles & stuff out of any small corners & crevices.

G

·
At Line-X I use a 36 grit DA disc to scuff it up and used methenal to wipe it down then wipe it down again with a clean rag

SPEED KILLS BUT YA GET THERE FASTER

KTM 500

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.