Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1989 Bronco full size, passenger window only works when tapped with a hammer. Switch is ok, I think. Pulled motor out and it worked as it should. Soon as I put it back in, it will work a few times then go dead. Till I tap it with a hammer.
Anyone know if this common, and what would the cure be ?

thanks in advance for help !!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Re: power window switch problem.............NEED H

sounds like the window motor armature has a parcial open or high resistance. It works ok w/ no load, but as soon as you make work hard,amp draw goes higher then the armture can handle. Placeing a hammer head next to the feild increases the magnetic field giving a small boost. Smacking it w/ a hammer may cause the open to close for a sort time. Either way the motor is bad.
Wes

·
Registered
2 Posts
sounds like the window motor armature has a parcial open or high resistance. It works ok w/ no load, but as soon as you make work hard,amp draw goes higher then the armture can handle. Placeing a hammer head next to the feild increases the magnetic field giving a small boost. Smacking it w/ a hammer may cause the open to close for a sort time. Either way the motor is bad.
Wes
I know this was ages ago, but the same thing happen to my ford power window switch. Last day, i have checked the hammer and seems that it also increases magnetic field. Any update on this one?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.