Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on the jeep board, and the F150 board. I'm just trying to drum up some responses:

About a month ago I finished installing the 5.0 in my jeep. It's got all the accessories that came with a 90 Crown Vic. I knew the pump was leaking, so I bought a rebuild kit and replaced that huge "o" ring. Good move, right?? WRONG!! I lasted about two weeks, and now is leaking worse than ever!! I'd like to pull it apart this weekend... but wanna FIX IT GOOD. Anybody got a secret to sealing this? Can I use some sort of permatex on it? seal it permanantly?

Anyone??

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyway... I got to thinking... some of you boyz have to be running big tires... on this little "weak" pump. NO PROBLEMS??? Doesn't that seem odd? So, I'm wondering.... are any of you "big dogs" running some serious meat....and still not having issues with the pump?

Just wanting to hear from y'all.... maybe I'll try replacing the O ring again. I don't see much difference in the Bronco/F150 set up... then what I'm running.....

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about one more post from me????

I've heard of a p/s pump that is a metal unit with serpetine belt pulley. Supposedly it come on some of he 351W equipped trucks? Anybody got information on these? How about a parts truck with one on it??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts