Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next problem

I seem to have lost the bolts that hold the power steering pump on to the block (304). What grade? How long? # threads? Thanks for the help.

Scott

·
Registered
462 Posts
I just pulled the pump off a 360. It will take me a couple of days to get back to you, but I will find the box I put the bolts in and will be happy to send you the info unless someone else does it before I do.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Hmmm. If memory serves me(questionable) there are 3 bolts that attach the pwr steering pump bracket to the block. I believe they are 3/8" course thread and need to be at LEAST 1" long with 1 1/4" being better. As far as grade I most always go with at least grade 5 but given my choice I use stainless steel.

I'm certain these figures are correct since I just mounted my pwr steering unit today and purchased the bolts for it last night. I bought 1" and decided today during the install that I could have used another 1/4" of thread.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your help. Got a long weekend starting today. Might get things done.

Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.