Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1993 Terrano 2.7L turbo D. Started noticing some power loss so I bought a K&N air filter changed the fuel filter and the oil. Still is real sluggish up hills it won’t go faster than 20-25kmh (up hill) seems like the problem is it won’t really go past 3000 or so RPM. So if I drive slow (don’t bring rpms up to high) I can get the truck going as fast as I want it but if I need to pass some one or go up a hill it wont really rev past 3000 rpm just stays there with the pedal to the floor with little to no acceleration. Not sure what to do? Where I live there are no diagnostic mechanics.
Justin

· Registered
11 Posts
Can't say that i am anywhere near an expert on that type, but related to the diesels we deal with, I would start with fuel pressure. You may have a lift pump going out. It's a start, check the pressure.

· Registered
38 Posts
Sounds like the throttle position sensor is out of adjustment. Check out this link for info on adjusting it:
http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTricks/…

As far as the truck revving when you are at a stop light, I bet it only does this when the brake is on. You more than likely have the idle set too high. The truck has a sensor that cuts the fuel out when you are on the brake to try and save gas. If the idle is set too high, the computer tries to save gas by cutting the fuel and you get the constant up and down revving of the engine. If you take your foot off the brake, it should stop. I'd start by turning the idle down some with the screw on the throttle body. Try a half turn at a time. Idle should be around 750-850 RPM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.