Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this must have been asked a 100 times but does anyone know the best way to put power brakes on a 75 CJ5..

Thanks in advance

Little CJ5 down under

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
Squats. Three sets of ten reps, every other day. Sorry, I had to say it.

A week ago I was in a scrapyard and saw an older 5 with the booster and master cylinder still on it. Not much help either. But if I get back there soon I'll look for part numbers for you.

I think that Jeep used Delco Moraine boosters, which were on all GM vehicles. You might start with a Holden dealer and see if a booster from a passenger car will bolt to the firewall. Once you have the booster it should be pretty easy to get the right master cylinder. Sorry I can't give you a particular model.

I might have been born at night, but it wasn't LAST night.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I'd like to do the same mod to my '74.

A while back someone posted about using an early '80s caprice brake booster on their jeep. He quoted a tech article I've been unable to find. If I find anything, I'll let you know.

It's all a state of mind, and if you don't mention the state of my mind, I'll be happy to overlook yours!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tried Holden....Nearly all the boosters in OZ have four studs(not realy a problem)...even tried a Holden Torana one but the pedal box does not alow for enough travel...

Little CJ5 down under

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The hydro setup looks good but all changes here have to be singed off by an engeneer ...He nearly had a hart attack when I told him about the Chev , lift and 35's etc . He would freak with that...

Little CJ5 down under

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well...if he nearly had a heart attack at that stuff...then that would have been the time to hit him with this...while he was rebounding.

I'll do another search and see what I can find!

I am a bomb technician, if you see me running, try to keep up /wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif
'85 Cj7,360,TH400,D300,Pro-jection,D44's,M/T's 35's,8274

1 - 8 of 8 Posts