Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1990 Cherokee Laredo. The power radio antenna does not work. It is stuck in the up postion. The motor works, but the antenna will not retract. I have had to pull the fuse to keep the drive motor from running constantly. I would like to just replace it with a non-power model, but I cannot figure out how to get inside the fender well to get to the antenna. Any suggestions?

LBGator

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
It shouldnt be too bad considering its just the antenna.I have power everything,and Ill tell ya Id rather not have the so called "conveniences" that end up going out anyway,but Im kinda old-school I guess.

1 cross plus
3 nails
----------------
4 given /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif
If only I wheeled as much as Im on this board/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had to work on straightening mine. I did small adjustments, and wd-40 until it worked. Works great now.

Donnie Kramer
89 Jeep Cherokee Limited 170,000 miles
72 Toyota Land Cruiser too many to count

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The power antenna in my wifes 1990 Jeep Cherkee has the exact same problem. I also removed the fuse and we have just used it as a regular fixed antenna for the last 5-6 years. We bought the jeep new in 1989 and have 172,000 miles on it.

Jeep/Ramcharger

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.