Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an observation, it seems this new BBS must be confusing some people. There are a lot of instances when someone will answer a post, then in the same string a couple replies later someone says the same darn thing. This never seemed to happen on the old BBS. Just a hint, click on flat order and read all the replies.

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Re: Post Replies Defense

/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif Er..ah...sometimes when I post, at that EXACT moment, in a dimly lit little cabin on the slopes of the Bitteroot Mountains a Jeeper is responding to the inquiry in the exact same way, and if his post is there first, well....it's tough luck for me up here in the Stanislaus National Forest./wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif It's him what gets there firstest that gets the credit, Brad....the rest of us are burnt toast./wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

CJDave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

What I meant Dave was replies that are posted MUCH later, not at the same time. I don't know that anyone is looking for credit,
redundancy is just that, redundant. About on par with my complaining when I get frustrated!

·
Registered
6,355 Posts

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Oh, I see what you mean, Brad. If it seems like some of us are not paying attention, it figures. Statistically, only 20 percent of ALL orders are actually understood./wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif It's just like I keep telling my moonguy crew: "Don't be saying 'yeah' instead of listening."/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Often when Im looking for answers I feel comfy knowing that there is more than one guy out there that has the same input. If 5 jeepers tell me that I need to drill out the idle tubes on my BBD carb then I'm pretty confident that I should do that.

I just dont see it as a problem.

Regards,

Larry 85CJ7, 350TBI ,T19 4spd

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just an observation, it seems this new BBS must be confusing some people. There are a lot of instances when someone will answer a post, then in the same string a couple replies later someone says the same darn thing. This never seemed to happen on the old BBS. Just a hint, click on flat order and read all the replies.

TEX

Sorry, couldn't resist! /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think this whole thing is just a manifestation of my frustration of having my Jeep apart in my garage. Withdrawal symptoms are a
b*tch.

·
Official Historian
8,275 Posts
i can sympathize with you. mine is in the garage with no front axle assembly. the weather has been so nice since i took it apart too. i'd rather be out driving without the top than working on it.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif we just passed our one-year anniversary of the purchase of our CJ7, and we only drove it a few months till the big rebuild began. Hey! TEX! I am actually workin'......there are jobs you can do in your pajamas, and jobs that you can't. Heh heh. I'm either out...as in waaay out...or I'm IN. Nothing like having the ol' office right here at home, with the CJ and the ZJ down below in the garages. Heh heh. If I need a break from report writing, I can always go down and weld for a while....nothing like a few holes in your shirt to make it look "real"./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

·
Registered
328 Posts
If you guys would spend a little less time fooling around on that darned computer, you'd have time to work on your Jeeps.

Hey! I resemble that remark! ! ! !

Loose nut behind the wheel
Another right-wing conservative.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CJDave, while I do report to an office, I also have one of those jobs I could easily do in my PJ's. I'm an inventory planner. So, I prepare forecasts & long-term production schedules for two factories 1,000 miles South of me & one that's 1,000 miles East of me. Then, the finished goods are shipped to Distribution centers - one 300 miles East of me, one closer to my house than my office, & one 2,000 miles West of me. Only time I see any of the folks I deal with directly is courtesy of Southwest & Budget.

TEX

/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Aren't T-1 connections at work great, especially since you're not paying for it?!

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif It's always interesting to find out what people do all day.....besides hang out on the Jeep internet, that is.../wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif One thing about owning a Jeep, it keeps you broke and occupied such that you don't have to go sky diving on weekends to see if you are still alive and aware....not that sky diving is bad....it just doesn't compare to torch cutting rusty floor pans out of a CJ./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.