Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get to pick up my CJ-7 from the paint shop today; yipee! Aside from a garage floor full of painted black parts everywhere; any other ideas? I was wondering about making a better seal under the windshield. The foam is good but I was thinking about sealing it with silicone or something. Undercoating the fender wells, touching up the dash, and recoating the tub in black should get rid of most of the overspray. I'm sure I'm missing something, maybe these fumes paint are getting to me....any ideas will be considered.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Coat the inside of your tub with Durabak or similar material.....make sure you pull the heater core out first so you can get the inside firewall too. Its one of the best mods I did.
Additionally, I had all of my external hardware, i.e., hinges, tire stop, etc. powder coated. VERY tough...and looks great.

I wouldn't use silicon on the windshield weather strip unless you don't plan on putting down your windshield.

John......southern CA
84CJ7, 3"lift, 32"BFG, 4.10's, ARB Locker, Solid Axle's, Durabak

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A friend of mine has rhino liner spray the inside of his tub. It turned out great. I am going to do the same but I am going to do it myself. He did the dash too.

Cut to shape, hammer to fit, paint to match /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. The tub already has a spray liner on it; I'm just touching up with flat black where there was some paint overspray & stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.