Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Re: coil spring spacers

I used a plastic polymer spacer on my 2500 and I plow with it and it has a big winch that mounts to the front when the plow set up is off. I have also hit a few jumps with it and still no problems.
Welcome to the dodge board!!!

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts

Mine has the 5.9 360 and I bought the 2" daystar coil spacers from national tire and wheel. I only wish I had a cummins in mine or at least a v-10:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Hey guys,

I also have a 2500 and am planning on leveling out the front with a 2" spacer. I have looked around and some kits I see have (1) coil spacers only, (2) spacers and lower control arms, or (3) spacers, upper and lower control arms.

Can I get by with just the spacers only or do I need the control arms also? If I don't get the control arms, won't my axle be pulled back some since the stock control arms aren't as long?

Also I am running 33x12.50x16.5 muds with a stock truck. My front tires don't rub any more since I cut away some of the plastic liner. If I lift the front of my truck 2" do you think 35x12.50s would fit?

Thanks
Jeff

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

all you need is the spacers at 2" according to all the info I have read, I think that superswamper used the best spacers the Daystar polymer spacers, they are a little more expensive but from what I can find out the best way to go. You can get them for less than $200 or you can get the aluminum with four procomp shocks that arent as good as stock for $300.
Ronny

I drive a CUMMINS, therefore I am

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I was thinking of going with the 2" daystar spacers and rancho 9000s.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I have a 2500 too with the V-10 and I run the 2" spacer with the lower controll arms, you WILL need them. I'm running 35x12.5x16 tires with 9" wheels and I rub just a little bit, only when I'm at full turn and hit a bump. Hope this helps a little. Top

Top Dawg!! Only the Big Dawgs Bark!!

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts

Why do you need new lower control arm with 2" spacer? My 5" skyjacker lift came with new control arms and they were maybe an inch longer than stock so a 2" should not need one or if you need you can adjust the camber?? bolt on the lower arm but it should be fine. I put my spacer on with the 5" lift and its fine plus its been maybe 2 years since I installed them... If you put a longer arm on the bottom it will pitch the yoke downward rather than aligning the driveshaft better.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Superswamper.
I would like to put the spacers on my ram but in the install instructions Skyjacker warns not to use them with their springs. Have you had any problems?? Was there any modifications need for using the two together? Did you use the shocks that came with the lift? How much were the spacers? Do you have duel shocks? I know, lots of questions!!!

Thanks,
Powder

97' RAM 2500 5.9L
5" Skyjacker
33" BFG MT's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.