Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a M-416 trailer in real good shape. I added a diamond plate aluminum hinged lid to it to keep all my stuff dry, herc lined the bed, and painted the whole mess (minus the lid). I also bought a new tent and hardware made for one of those motorcycle pull along camper deals, and then modified things so it works on the trailer. The whole tent deal is removable by undoing 4 latches.

Now the big question. I had intended to sell just the tent deal, but then started to wonder if I should sell the lid with it, and THEN wondered if I should try to sell the whole thing as a unit. So.

What is the general consensus as to which way is the most marketable? Tent, tent and lid, or the whole unit?

I'm not "real"crazy about selling the lid because it's kind of nice for keeping out the weather. The trailer itself I don't really mind since I have 2 anyway, but the real bottom line is which is most likely sell.

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
Re: Possibley OT for-sale type thread seeking advi

1 Trailers are for sale all the time.

2 The lid and camper conversion are very unusual.

3 The lid probably wouldn't be too hard for you to reproduce.

Therefore I'd offer it as a complete unit with a reserve high enough to cover the value of the individual pieces. If it doesn't sell you can always offer it in pieces.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
That thing is awesome! Sell the whole thing! It is worth it for someone to get a "package". It is like one of These

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Possibley OT for-sale type thread seeking advi

Those Aussies have got some really super camper/trailers down there. They've got a much better variety than we have here, of course we don't have quite the bit of "outback" that they do either.

And thanks for the rave on my unit. I wanted something very much like some of the domestic units we can buy here but I'll be damned if I was willing to spend the 5-6 thousand dollars required for an axle, a few gallons of fiberglass, and 10 sqaure yards of nylon. The offroad units offered here in the states have why I would consider a STUPID expensive price tag attached.

I suppose I'll go with the package deal type of sale. If it goes, it will motivate me to get off my but and finish (start actually) the other trailer. I've got different ideas for that one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts