Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About two months ago I put one piece axles and a detroit locker in the rear of my mod. 20. Now every once in a while I get a popping noise in the rear. It doesnt sound like its coming from the pumpkin, it sounds more like the axles. Any ideas? Normal?

· Registered
4,757 Posts
i have an older detroit, and it sounds like it explodes every now and then.. it hasn't happened since i changed to an automatic.... it's totally normal

~~Elusive~~
it's sort of still a cj thingy....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Elusive, what about when going through the gears fairly hard? Is the detroit as noticeable with the auto as it is with the manual? You know, next gear up and jerk to the right and let back off and jerk to the left?

· Registered
4,757 Posts
actually, it was pretty scarry going through the gears hard because the torque steer would push me into oncomming traffic. first gear the tires would be off the ground compltely and a good powershift into second would usually tear out the rear u-joint. the jeep drove terrible anyway(cj steering sucks)...i think it would be better now, but i changed everything, so it's hard to say...the auto doesn't hook up like the manual did.... but i don't notice the detroit at all with the auto.. just a little noise on corners occasionally

~~Elusive~~
it's sort of still a cj thingy....see it at www.jeepgod.net

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.