Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else suddenly getting hammered by pop ups? I've never had an issue with them in the past...Mozilla's pop-up blocker has alway caught them...but for the last couple of days I get hit every time I change the screen (some times they pop up in the middle of reading a post...) here on the ORC-BBS...Bugs the piss out of me...Screw em! I'm going wheelin'

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/spam4.gif

·
Registered
946 Posts
As a matter of fact, me too.

and it all starts with this company,
h t t p : / / www . affiliatetarget . com/nak3/2.html
Note: Don't be stupid and click on this link.

·
Official Historian
8,339 Posts
Yeah, I had a bunch yesterday. I upgraded to the newest firefox and haven't had any today yet.

·
Official Historian
8,339 Posts
I posted too soon. I still have them from ad.yieldmanager.com. This is annoying.

·
Registered
946 Posts
You guys just jinxed me.

h t t p--ad.yieldmanager.com-iframe3AAAAALAaAADEBQAAYAQAAAAAAAAAAP8AAP8GCgECAAIEIAAA4goAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This one works diffently than the one above. This shows the above address in a full Explorer window. The others just have something like "-----Microsoft Explorer"

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
No pop-ups here with Firefox. The only website I keep getting pop-ups on is Drudge Report

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Well, mine started today.....ad.yieldmanager.com....sigh

·
Registered
946 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Running Firefox, haven't had any pops. Maybe you guys should d-load spybot-search and destroy or adaware, both free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Running them both, ran both of them with latest downloads...

Did notice they only popup when browsing on this site though....

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Grrrr... pop-ups appearing here too. Have not noticed them as bad at home (thank goodness b/c the 'puter @ home has been slow as molasses lately), but here @ work. And, b/c of administrator restrictions, I cannot use some of the blockers ya'll can use.

This morning I've got one that I cannot right click on to make it 'go away'. It wants to install WinFixer 2005 for free. Ya right... and what else? Grrrrrr....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif Pop-ups

I understand the need to pay for this site... but must they allow advertisements that are so aggravating and suspect? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif THAT just ain't right... nor - IMHO - an honest method of advertising. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cussing.gif

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
'puter @ home has been slow as molasses lately

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya,, my house to, I think I may fire her,,,,

Wait were you talking about COMputers???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts