Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well anyone who has pulled the stock carb off knows it only takes about 30 min. or so.Special thanks to tazuki88 for making it available to those of us on the board.Whole thing took about 3.5 hours including eating dinner.Do notice a slight increase in HP and it is nice to get rid of all the computer CRAP of the Hitachi.The pony is as basic as you can get which was awesome.Did notice that after running down the street a bit when coming to a stop its having a hard time keeping idle,but Ill finagle with the air screw and idle screw to try to correct this.
BTW-Do I need to plug any of the former hoses and egr?I put my finger over everything and felt no vaccum so I left it for right now.Anyways,easy swap thats definitly worth the time.

·
Registered
734 Posts
We did the same thing this weekend to my buddy samurai What did you set the air /fuel screw to? We ran ours all the way in then out 3 1/2 turns The idle is great!
Haven't thought yet what to do with the egr and stuff.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Egr.., I took mine off and made a little plate to cover the hole, anything that was connected to the old carb is now gone , plus the little so called computer... To set the air screw I set the idle real low and thwn turned the air screw in untill it stumbled and then backed it out about a turn , you have to just feel when it is smooth, then I turned up the idle screw to 1000 rpm ... Enjoy...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.