Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1998 500 model.
Whats the best upgrades or items to look for as new owner?
Will be run in water, mud & mountains.

Winch setup Suggestions?
TIA

TEXn

·
Registered
969 Posts
I have my buddy's 98 Sportsman 500 here at the house, and he added some 27" Mud Claws to the rear and some 26" Mud Claws to the front. They are awesome! He also added some aftermarket bolt on tube bumpers front & rear - nice for tight woods trails.
I am still running the stock design tires on my 94 Sportsman 400, and it is amazing how much better the Claws do than mine.

Hope this helps!

David
[email protected]
http://www.tennessee4x4.com/toyota

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey I do have to say I love my winch that I had put on the front bumper of my 2001 sportsman 400 I have used it 3 times in 1 month :O) since I have this mud hole I just cant seem to get thru but one of these days. The winch is a plus for sure.

·
Registered
455 Posts
You've only used your winch 3 times in a month???
Man you should get out more!
Winch & better tires are a good upgrade for starters.
Although I own a 450ES I ride with many Sportsman's.
Not much done to any of them other than winch,racks/bumpers, and only a few have switched from the stock tires. They do just fine for a Polaris(had to throw that in there).
Don't be cheap with your winch! 2000/2500lb will do but stay away from superwinch if you plan on using it for lots of fun or lifting a plow.
R.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.