Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I didn't get any response last post, I thought I'd try again. I'm taking my Sportsman 500 down to sea level (Washington State) for Thanksgiving. Right now it is jetted for high altitude in the Rockies (either the 150 or the 155 jet, whichever is the leaner). I'm not going to do a whole lot of riding in Washington, maybe 50 miles. Does anybody know if this is going to cause a serious "lean" problem? I've heard I can run it on half-choke? Is this advisable? I just don't know if I should go through the trouble of rejetting it only to have to jet it again 3 days later. Thanks in advance!!!!!
Brad [email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I live In Indiana... The stock jetting here is .155. We are 600 feet above sea level... If this helps... They told me if I were to go out to the Mountains... I would need to jet up... If you are going down in Elevation I think you would be all right... .150 is leaner than .155 The bigger the number the richer the jet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.