Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. i have a 76 cj7 with a 304, and i am trying to find some wheels that will help me clear some tires w/o the flares hanging over, so anybody know stock backspacing? also, what would cause jeep to hesitate when changing gears during acceleration (got new carb..could that be it?), AND could a worn timing chain cause jeep to die with no sputters or other indications (justlike shutting off the key). also want some agressive (swamper/bfg mt) 31" or bigger tires cheap (yeah right i know), and as usual im always looking for a cj-7 frame with no bad rust (damn 76's) any help on these would be great, thanks in advance

scott

Scott,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Let me address the tires first. Forget Swampers if you want to drive on pavement & forget BFG if you want to save $$$. My choice? Cooper STT's shown here:

Check out the thread with recent posts in the Toyota section for more info on these & an even cheaper version labeled "Eldorado", but made by Cooper.

TEX

/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.