Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have the chance to get a 87 Quadracer for 600$. It has a little crack where the cylender meets with the transmission. It also needs a piston. Should i get it. The crack is small so I think I can fix it. What do you guys think.

hoooooooooooooooooonnnnnnn daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
taking in mind that they go for 2000 3000 in mint. if you yourself fix it... great! if you have a pro do it...(if you are like me, im not a pro) i dont know how much it will cost. but if it runs over 2000 or 3000 to fix it. I wouldnt get it. IMHO

i think i would get, b/c that can be easily fixed. Bargain with him.

~Goot
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Yah it stinks and is giving you a headache it's a desil

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go for it! As long as it's not cracked on the cylinder itself, its easy to fix. Is the rest of the bike in good shape?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's a ~~cough cough~~~suzuki~~~cough cough.lol, just chittin with ya.

WARNING
The surgeon general has determined that motorcycle riding will cause: Swelling of the TESTICLES, shrinkage of the BRAIN, and severe trauma to the EGO.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i know its a suzuiki thats why Im just a little spectacele if I bought it I would buy it fix it then sell it or I would only use it in the winter for snow riding.

hoooooooooooooooooonnnnnnn daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats a pretty good price really, if the crack is small some JBWeld will fix it...had to do that to mine. i loved my quadracer, and still miss it really, i dont think you will go wrong with one. i had great reliablity out of mine, i ran it hard and it always performed for me. hope this helps.

Chris /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
You dont quit riding because you get old, you get old because you quit riding!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i dont know how good it would be just for snow riding, its a 2 stroke racing quad. i never rode mine in the snow, but rode it in some mud and it did ok, but not like a four stroke. just something to think about.

Chris /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
You dont quit riding because you get old, you get old because you quit riding!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree with Chris on this one, a two stroke doesent work as well in the snow as a four stroke does , my Raptor will run away from my Banshee in the white stuff

Ride hard, Lifes short

1 - 8 of 8 Posts