Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right, all right. Probably a dumb question but I am a 20 year old GIRL and I am clueless as to how the indicator/ wiper lever broke out off my steering wheel wile I was on the freeway the other day but it did. I am even less understanding as to how I am going to get the broken piece that is stuck inside out. I know that the new lever can just pop in but there is a tiny piece of the old one stuck in there. I would like to know the easiest way to get it out. I refuse to go to a mechanic
Jen.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Good for you! A do it yourself Jeep gal - bet you don't have any free Friday nights/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif!! Anyhow, I've never had this problem, so I can't be a whole lot of help. But, I thought I'd bring you back up to the top. What exactly are you driving - I'm assuming a YJ from the signature, but thought we should be sure.

TEX

/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'll have to pull the steering wheel and lock plate off to get to the turn signal switch in order to remove the remaining piece. Cheap pullers are available at most parts stores.

My other car is a BULLDOZER

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maybe just do one step then get back to this board for help for the next
step. I'm sure this bpoard can get you thur this if you have the time.
go for it.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Buy a Chiltons or a Haynes manual for your Jeep if you don't already have them. I got both for my XJ that way I can cross referance the instructions to help insure I'm doing things the right way. But be carefull sometimes the instructions are totaly wrong. Like the time I thought I could change my lifters without removing the head.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well thanks for all your help big guy. I guess this site is used for more than jeep talk for some of you

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yah I did just take the steering wheel out. ( I didn't even need the vacuum:)) It was such a stupid thing to go wrong but it affected me more than when I lost the rear drive shaft and had to redo most of the drive train. And at least it only cost me 10 bucks. thanks for all your help. I know where to go now if my light swithch falls off.
jen( 91' yj)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey these things happen, it took me longer to fix the rear wiper on my hardtop, than it did to rebuild my Transfer Case... DOH....
At least the both work now, and that was B4 i found this BBS.
Toodles
BJ

to hell with it, lets go wheelin'

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.