Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a visit from pinlog today, it was finally time to install that winch he has been planning for @ 8 months. if you all remember, the first time he came up here, for the install, his motor threw a timing chain, and he left with a new motor. as such, it took the winch $ to do it. everything went without a hitch. we started @ 12:00 and was done at 2:00.
here is the first stage

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
FYI, the PineLogCommando is called "the log" for short,OK? So "flog the log" means to drive the commando hard, OK ? So don't anybody think it means anything else,OK ?

Toad, I can't wait to get stuck. But I won't really be stuck will I ???
PineLog

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i used some 1/2 inch plate i had laying around. ok, so it's a little over kill. it measured 12''x6'' plate with another 1/2''x2'' x 50'' bar stock running across the front, between the frame rails, for support. the back of the plate is welded to the existing cross member. the roller fairlead has 1/2''x2'' braces running up the back and welded to the back of the bumper.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
1/2" plate a little over kill? Ya think? Better add another leaf, maybe three.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
already did. @ a year ago pinlog got the special "toadworks front spring conversion". a SOA with modified 2.5'' wrangler springs.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Mighty cool.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Very nice Pat. adds character. So where are you going to put the extra metal you cut out of the grill?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
there's still a big burnt, dead grass spot in my yard. i told him just to insure it, then
invite a bunch of commando guys over to fix another "fuel" problem. who wouldn't
believe that a jeep burnt to the ground because of a fire? then again, who would be
dumb enough to insure a jeep.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.