Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my 4.0 head and mpi swap unfortunatly I am experienceing pinging. I know about getting an adjustable fuel regulator. My question is will this work with the stock injectors or do I have to get larger injectors like 22lbs. Also will larger injectors work without getting the adjustable fuel regulator. Once agin thanks in advance for any help...

Dirtybird
89 YJ 4.2, 4.0 HO Head with MPI, AX15, Procomp 4" Lift, MSD6a, and just gerttin started......

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Yours is a uncommon complaint as a 4.0 head usually solves pinging with the MPI setup.
Possibably did you somehow raise the compression? ... mill the head, deck the block. etc? ...
The adjustable regulator will help using the stock injectors.
This is Hesco's first step cure ...
Depending on how much more fuel you need will determine if adding larger injectors are warrented.
Those who have stroked and/or enlarged the throttle body have had to go with the adjustable regulator plus larger injectors.

JAF
http://www.monsterslayer.com/jeep

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No i didnt have to have the head or block milled but I did have to go 30 over on the block. would that change the compression that much...

Dirtybird
89 YJ 4.2, 4.0 HO Head with MPI, AX15, Procomp 4" Lift, MSD6a, and just gerttin started......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.