Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets see some pics of your rig, or your herd.

This is the Gimp- I-6 with 4.0 head conversion 2 bbl 2100
auto-400 d-44 rear/30 front 4.27 gears. P/S w/ 3 wheel disc running 33 swampers. This pic is about 6 months old, and it has a few more dents. When purchased 4 years ago, It was taken to the frame and built up. I can honestly say, I have replaced every bolt on it, as well as the floors.

It`s called the Gimp because it usually comes off the trail crippled.

Attachments

·
Registered
507 Posts
As it sits now..... 67 Postal edition Jeepster
389 stroked SBC, 5pd Getrag tranny, 44 frt 60 rear with 5:13's and gearless frt Detroit rear, 4 link rear Alcans frt, onboard air and too much stereo, 37 MTR's, Oh yah, Viper Race Yellow. Too many other things to type in here tonight, And 82 miles a day to work and back, come on daily drivers let's hear from ya!!!!
Aaron

Attachments

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
"Ol' Red Beater" - '66 SW

Buick 4.1L V-6 w/Edelbrock Performer intake & Edelbrock Q-jet carb
GM 700R4 atomatic transmission
Atlas II 3.8:1 transfer case
56" wide Dana 44's w/4.56's, dual ARB's & 4 wheel disk brakes
255/85R16 BFG MT's, (33x10.50R16), on 7x16 aluminum wheels

Bunch of other stuff, but it's after midnite and my brain has gone to bed.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
"Punkin" - '71 SW

'99 GM 4.3L V-6, 4L60E automatic transmission, Dana 300 w/4:1 gears
Dana 27 front, Dana 44 rear, 11" drum brakes
7.50-15 tires
30 gal. gas tank
fully boxed frame, (boxed rear frame rails & rear crossmenber)
New paint

·
Registered
503 Posts
This is the most recent pic of the 69 vert' It actually still looks much the same although a lot has been done to it. When I bought it the tranny was a T/14 3 speed manual. I converted it to the TH400 and put in a Saginaw box with power steering, power brake booster, custom built 4 row radiator, and currently rebuilding the 225 Buick O/F and stepping up the cam one step and a .30 over bore. MSD ignition and rewired the entire Jeepster. This week will be getting a D44 rear end and D30 front end from Don Fletcher via Al Dunkle with 11 inch brakes all the way around. Not certain what the gear ratio is yet. Had the intake, valve covers, thermostat housing and timing cover powder coated a chevy blue. (Will take pics of that when completed.

Attachments

·
Registered
503 Posts
This is the 72 'Mando. I have done very little to it so far, using it as a second driver when the 69 is down, (which is USUALLY). D44 rear and D30 front end. 11" brakes, power steering, power brakes. It will be a half cab, trail rig when I'm done but that will be in the DISTANT future.

Attachments

G

·
This is my daily driver. It has a 350 chev with lots of goodies and a NP 435. SPOA with 2 in body and trimmed body with 36 in swampers. It needs lots of work but it starts and drives everyday and will go everywhere I point it.

Attachments

·
Registered
569 Posts
I haven't put the doors and hard-top back on yet, still have a few nice days left.
68 C-101, 455 buick, T-400, 2 power-loks, 27AF/flanged44, disk front, Bronco power brake booster adaptor, springover, Bilstiens, 35 inch Goodrich MTs,Worm drive Ramsey winch,dents, rust, Vinyl floor coverings, removeable doors.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Here is mine.

AS it sits right now it has no motor,tranny,t/c and not much metal left in the body.

Maybe one day it will look and perform as good as some of the other Jeepster's in this forum.

Eric

·
Registered
98 Posts
Here is my 69 Deluxe which is under construction. Interior gutted to bare metal. Only low original miles so motor looks good and runs good. Redoing hoses, carb. and electrical. About to remove body panels and top for the paint shop. Going to paint the rig original Gold Poly w/glacier white top. Can't wait.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
So you tired of the slow board too Drayson?

Wish I had some/A recent pic. Been wheeling all day today and yesterday and am slam worn out. I saw a Jeepster behind a tow rig at Eldorado Outpost (at Uwharrie) on my way out but was too tired to turn around and go back and see who it might have been.

1 - 20 of 219 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.